View Single Post
Old 2011-11-27, 07:52   Link #623
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Have to agree pretty much with what you've said there. I'd add that character creation is a bit off in terms of body sizes, it's either bean pole or beef cake. Its obviously inspired by the clone wars animation series. Still they do grow on you after a while.

The combat does feel very wow-ish, but its the same for near every MMO and I doubt we will ever get away from it any time soon. Only way I think we will ever see anything different is if someone makes an MMO with a similar system to The Elder Scrolls, where you have to actually manually aim/hit. Still some class mechanics are kinda fun - like the smuggler/agent.

What are peoples observations on flowing from the base class to an advanced class? For me it seemed a little hit and miss, at points it kind of flowed well thus leading you to a choice. But in others you're left a little in the cold it seemed. Like getting a gun with the Imp Agent at the start, pewpew to level 10 go 'cool operative' then notice one of the trees is totally dedicated to melee (or at least it looks that way - since my little lvl 8 agent only has one melee skill.) and go 'bwah? where be the guns'.

Would love more choices with companions early on, and maybe more then one choice per role. Like for example I'd prefer someone a little less ungainly then Khem Val to be my tankage on my inquisitor.