View Single Post
Old 2007-07-07, 19:07   Link #5
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
You're looking to wipe your HD to clear off any sensitive data, correct? Look into something like Darik's Boot and Nuke. Free solution, it'll wipe your HD. Don't settle for something like a "quick format" because data is recoverable from those. Just an extra note if you decide to use this, disconnect your other hard drives when booting this. From what I can see, once it's booted, it automatically wipes all HDs that it can see. I've never used it before, but the instructions seem to indicate that. So be careful with it, and don't wipe your other HDs.

If you're just going to junk the HD, you could also take a magnet to it... (poor HD)
Thanks. Yeah, I am going to wipe all the data. Let's see if I can get a magnet. It is not that easy to get, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitto-chan View Post
Do you have your HD partition? If so then you could reformat the partition that does not have the OS on it. But if you have other things on that partition you will lose it. If you have no partition then you will lose everything on that HD and you will need a new OS.
I am not looking for a way to reinstall anything. I am looking for a way to erase it permanently and hopefully, not recoverable.

Last edited by guest; 2007-07-07 at 22:08.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote