View Single Post
Old 2008-11-17, 16:11   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Some interesting Black Star stuff in episode 33. An "oni" rather than a "god"?

I've been thinking this for a while though, isn't Black Star kinda like Asura (the Kisshin)? He seeks power for its own sake, to be better than other people. Asura explicitly did it out of fear of others, but Black Star certainly seems like he's afraid of being merely human, of being weak, of realizing his maximum potential and finding it wanting. So far he seems to trust Tsubaki, but what if it turned out that she was holding him back? What would he do? I can't imagine him giving up "godhood" without a fight.

I suppose that's unlikely to happen (if anything it's the other way around; him being frustrated about not being able to use her full potential), but I really have to wonder. What would he be like if he didn't have a partner like Tsubaki?
It was fairly interesting overall. Think its more about the fear of not escaping his family's history. The reason he is going so far is to not be looked at as a child of a clan that did horrible things. He's definitely trying to get harder by pushing himself so far. Is possible he could lose it. He pushed himself too far against Asura and is pushing himself hard still with the Fey blade mode. Right now he still has Tsubaki that can keep him steady, but sooner or later he'll have to face those inner demons of his.

33 was good overall for this pair. Both in terms of getting closer to the presence inside Tsubaki, but also with her helping him out. Nice to see Tsubaki's growth with smacking him in the back of the head. Obviously it wouldn't hurt someone like Black Star that much but it sent the message. He even apologized and asked to leave the complicated talk to her.