View Single Post
Old 2011-05-07, 04:19   Link #89
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I still think this is ultimately the wrong question. The anime isn't about paranormal research - it's about the impact Menma had in the past and continues to have on all of the Busters (especially Jinta). Who knows for sure, but it's very possible you're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you expect the show to ever spell out just exactly what Menma is.
You're very right, but the effect of what Memma is I think can skew perspective on this show quite a bit.

Lets say she is a ghost. That means she's a very convenient plot device to drive Jintan and friends together rather than they naturally come together. It's a fairy tale like ending literally.

But on the hand, if she is simple his hallucination, Jinta's pain, then it's a whole different ball park. This means that everyone of her desires and wishes are things Jintan projects onto what he thinks of Memma. When he probably apologizes to her, he will release the guilt within him and she'll most likely disappear (Well that and probably the clearance of the friend's consciences too).

Very different type of story depending on how we are supposed to interpret her. Forgive me if I didn't explain it well though, frankly I'm exhausted at the moment.