View Single Post
Old 2011-10-23, 09:10   Link #140
kitten320

Hooves
I never included Deadman Wonderland in mu power-up rant =/
Though I definetly can include it in my "stupid boss" rant.

Flawnalyst
Mirai Nikki was just an example.

Yes, they do look and act like that but once you look at character profile, they all are around 14 years old, especially in shounen series =/
I was talking about Air series with roller skaters. In first episode it is said that main character is 13 years old. However, he totally does not look lie it and has an 18 year old pedophile after him whom he actually likes. I would expect an 18 year old girl have more brains -_-
Just who in the right mind would want to fuck a kid?

I also would like to add a typical shounen problem where main character is stronger than 1000 of soldiers, especially high rank soldiers. A great example right now is Naruto.
Exception is Berserk where main character killed 100 men alone. Considering how strong he physically is and the fact that he actually was barely standing after that, I can believe that. Exceptions do happen in life.

Lord of Fire
It is realistic only for some time. If bad things keep happening then there are two solutions:
1) You finally man up and do something
2) You die

No matter how you look at it, a total crybaby can't survive things like that forever especially when he/she is in the middle of all this mess.
I don't mind if some shows have such character but when this type of main character is in every second show, it is more than irritating because you keep seeing same thing over and over.

Seriouse doesn't mean that it has to be real. You can add as many fantasy elements as you want and still make it believable. Take Shiki for example, vampires don't exist! However, series keep the same mood during whole thing and don't have random rockets flying out of their pants. They've kept the mood from the begining till the end.

With showes like that you only urge kids to get sexually active because in their minds goes "The dude is as old as me or younger and he alreadyy had a girl! I can't fall behind!". It is shows like that which create 13 year old mothers because kids are idiots. If I'll ever have a pregnant, 13 year old daughter, I'll make her take responsibility to the fullest. There is no way I'll let her of the hook because of her foolishness.
A lot of kids nowadays think that if they'll get pregnant by chance, they can always leave the child to their parents and continue to fool around. LIKE HELL I'LL LET THAT HAPPEN! Be responsible till the end! But even better from the BEGINING!

Besides the biggest problem here is when it is a 14 and 20 year old characters, doesn't it ring any bells?
And most importantly, a 14 year old kid is not as smart as 25 year old, unless you are some sort of geniuse but it looks like we have them in almost each show.

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-10-23 at 09:27.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote