View Single Post
Old 2013-04-22, 23:55   Link #4305
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
Um, what's your argument again? Since I don't really see how his explanation supported how Maya should be a strategic magician? Mio is a strategic class magician because she can significantly effect the results of wars. Maya is not because she can probably only kill a couple people at a time.

It's kind of like the difference between a country's most skilled soldier and being the only person who can fire a nuclear weapon. Sure, in a 1 vs 1 fight, the spec-ops soldier could probably defeat the nuclear arms operator. However, in a war, the nuclear arms operator is definitely the bigger and scarier threat. Note: This assumes the operator is the only one that can use a nuclear weapon and once the operator is dead, the weapon can't be used.
no no, i mean that was reader assumption ( because i think the author never stated any reason why a magic became a strategic class ) . but i absolutely agree Strategic Magician is because their Area of Effect and the damage cause by the magic. ( IMHO )

so to strengthen the argument, i made comparison between Maya and Mio to explain this question.
Quote:
-Is 'Meteor Line' considered as Strategic-Class Magic? since it makes Maya become known as Maou of the East or something.

i say Maya is a really strong magician yet she isn't a strategic class

but in the other hand mio is a strategic class magician but i think she isn't really good in combat

from the comparison we can say Strategic Class magic is about Area of Effect and the damage cause by the magic.

sorry for my bad english