View Single Post
Old 2007-05-12, 02:45   Link #61
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Why don't you use Open Office? O_o
I'm running Mac OS. A recent announcement between the OpenOffice team and Sun indicates that OpenOffice will be ported to Mac OS, which is good news. There is already an OpenOffice fork that was made for Mac OS (I forgot the name), but it sounds like it's not really stable. The website even advocates using Microsoft Office if you need a really dependable solution - doesn't inspire much confidence. People have recommended it, but I haven't installed it yet. I don't feel like "obtaining" MS Office if I can help it here, either.

But even on my desktop with Linux, I'd still keep Windows around for Microsoft Office. I've heard that OpenOffice has some odd quirks every now and then. And worse (but no surprise) occasionally you get a MS Office document that just opens in a completely weird manner, messed up formatting and all.

I do have Kubuntu as a virtual machine too, though, so I'll try to experiment a bit more with it as well. I plan to keep my desktop system running OpenSUSE for now, though.