View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 13:12   Link #84
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm going to defend the handling of Menma the Ghost a bit.

For one, she does have the mind of a young, highly emotional, girl. So I can understand it taking her awhile to:

a) Realize she needs to put her emotions aside, and prove to everyone not named "Jinta" that she's really there.

b) Find a good way of proving just that.

In Jinta's case, I think that he himself was not 100% sure she was really there until this episode. I think he may have been afraid that if Menma tried to prove her actual ghostly presence, but was unable to, that this may confirm to him that, well, he's insane.

And many people with severe delusions/hallucinations don't want to accept that they're that far gone.

Also, Poppo was an easy believer so you didn't need to convince him much it seemed. The rest were skeptical, but very polite about it (except Yukiatsu). So perhaps there was a sense that there wasn't a pressing need to convince people that Menma was really there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
This sentiment is a little overblown, especially since Menma didn't show the waterworks this time.
I wasn't just talking about Menma, though she is (or rather was) a big part of it.

Anyway, I can just as easily say that your sentiment on Nagisa is a "little overblown".

Like Guardian Enzo said, to each his own.