View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 12:24   Link #164
jcdietz03

This episode is even better than the first. More new characters, some interaction between Mana and Rikka and two boss fights!

While I would like them to do two boss fights every other episode, unfortunately their budget will likely not allow it.

The happy prince fairy tale...is this some Japanese fairy tale? As I don't think I've heard that one before. Is it made up for Doki Doki Precure? And isn't fairy tales Smile Precure's thing?

Fairies are exposition fairies as usual for Precure. Bonus points for Mana telling them, "I already know that!" as they explain about the selfishness.

Random Japanese question:
自己中 (jikochuu) - selfishness. This term is used to describe the monsters.
我侭 (wagamama) - selfishness. During the explanation, the fairies use this to describe an emotion in people's hearts.
So what is the difference between these terms? It sounds like they are saying selfishness becomes selfishness, which doesn't give any new information.

Next:
Are they setting up something where the next episode preview always lies?
Ep 1: The preview says something like, "Precure's secret was exposed!" Actual episode: Mana TELLS her friend about it (several times).
Ep 2: The preview has Rikka saying how she doesn't want to and/or can't become a Precure. And I think we all know what will happen next, as previews always spoil (as do episode titles).

PS:
Episode 1 girl (that Mana saves twice) is a proxy for the real target audience: 6 yr old Japanese girls.

Is anyone surprised that Debut Queue was averted? That's got to be a first!
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote