Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 02:29   Link #1608
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
you forgot to mention that the first scenes with the ryodan (in madhouse's version) is filler, as well as hisoka being late and being turned-on just by danchou's silhouette (which i really liked btw). madhouse also changed the scene where danchou ordered the ryodan to steal everything. instead of this epic formation, madhouse had the ryodan sitting around like a bunch of kids. madhouse also implied that most of the ryodan was surprised with the "steal everything" order when in fact most of them just had poker faces.

in comparison, nippon's version was a lot more faithful to the manga in the introduction of the ryodan. note: i don't think being more faithful is necessarily better and i will maintain that point to the end. but the 1999 version has always been castigated for even the most minor changes. i expect consistent standards.
Excellent post.
Since the Madhouse anime premiered, this thread had been mysteriously invaded by about three new members trying to convince everyone that this was bound to be the superior adaptation from day one, so don't be surprised by those biased "comparisons" that are more like opinions (and omissions).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote