View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 21:47   Link #3545
sa547
*Author

TES5edit is essentially a cleaning/checking tool, which should check whether the mod is ok or not. Usually it's used to check the mod for compatibility and then report the findings to the mod author, who's supposed to fix the mod and come up with a clean release. "Dirty" mods happen when they inadvertently change the gameworld or the navmesh (such as deleting parts of it).

Also, after installing mods I have to exit NMM, run BOSS to sort out the load list (because one mod may alter another in the hierarchy), and then open NMM again. If my game suddenly goes crazy, I check the Papyrus logs, go see the loading list and by disabling and using the last gamesave try to narrow down to which mod is causing CTDs until I get the game running ok again.

Endorsements are one thing, functionality is another, and a mod shouldn't cause the dreaded CTD.

Well, for the second playthrough I did have to reinstall the game and carefully pick which mods I consider very important and contribute to better gameplay, so saving me the grief of installing too many mods that some of them could screw up the game.

TBH, I rarely used companions unless there's a tough job I have to deal with.

Quote:
Currently installed:
Update 1.8.151.0.7
Dawnguard DLC
Hearthfire DLC