View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 23:49   Link #7
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I would never ever recommend buying fate/stay night the anime.

As far as visual novels go, yes it's mostly text with lots of CG images, but there is voice work and music to go along with it. It's not quite at the level of an anime by nay means, but it's fairly immersive. That's why I said it depends on you, if you really don't mind reading, go for the VN. Otherwise you can try the anime, but I really don't think it's worth purchasing.

Also Fate/Stay night came out before Fate/zero for a reason as fate/zero spoils many things about fate/stay night.

Now while watching the F/S N anime is permissible (If really need be), STAY THE HELL away from the UBW movie. That thing is an insult beyond belief as a film. It makes absolutely no sense and practically has no story. They condensed basically a route in the VN that is longer than the route they adapted in the original anime into a 2 hour film (Or even less?), basically gutting the thing to a bunch of senseless action without context, or reason. Not to mention many of the fights are inaccurately portrayed as well.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote