View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 16:38   Link #14
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Reckoner says the visual novel is the best way to experience F/SN. I know he said that at least a couple of times, and I've noted it. Fate Zero is linked to the visual novel, not the anime, right? Didn't someone say that? Also, which arc in the visual novel is Fate Zero linked to?
Fate/Zero is a light novel prequel to fate/stay night visual novel. Fate/Zero was penned by Urobuchi Gen, but he was basically mentored by Nasu (Who wrote fate/stay night) while writing it.

Nasu wrote the fate/stay night visual novel which consists of 3 routes. They are called Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel. The fate/stay night anime is basically the fate route with some elmeents of unlimited bladeworks in it, and little heaven's feel, but basically is just all fate. Albeit, in my opinion a very poor adaption of fate.

fate/zero is a prequel in general, so it is a prequel to any of the routes, but the route it would spoil you on the most is heaven's feel which is the final route of fate/stay night that is unlocked after playing through fate and UBW.

The tone of fate/zero is decidedly a bit more dark than any rendition of fate/stay night, though not much more than Heaven's Feel. But in the end, fate/zero is more enjoyable with having seen or played fate/stay night.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote