View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 16:11   Link #333
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 8. Kyupirappa! The Birth of a Mysterious Baby!!

This is the kind of episode that should be airing before the plot either thickens or introduces some serious development.

There are so many and several things why I rank this episode with an almost perfect score.

For starters, the girls (along with the audience) get to know Joe's name, though his identity remains mysterious for the time being. However, we can pretty sure he has some connection to the Trump Kingdom, or, at least, to the whereabouts of the princess.

I won't put inside spoiler tags, but 99% I'm pretty sure that baby Ai is actually Princess Ange. If not, then Ai could be part of the Princess; most likely her heart.
Spoiler:

But, enough with my rantings.

Watching Ai and Mana babysitting her as the Mother figure was so moé that my heart melt, and Rikka's brain overheating trying to logically make sense of that fantasy situation that she just witnessed was pretty funny.

And, how come I forgot Mana's dreaded singing which made poor Ai crying out aloud for worse?

And, still for the best the episode's Jikochuu, which was very powerful, indeed. Thankfully, Ai is still a newborn, and the truth applies to her powers, because her energy was enough to wake-up the girls, but they were struggling to keep themselves with eyes wide open.
It was just too hilarious to see Cure Love and Cure Sword's slapping and ranting.

It surprised me but was funny that the Jikochuu turned on Marmo, and she ended up sleeping all the way until the girls defeated the monster and just to wake up to find her pimple gone and leaving happily; a first for a villain character in a Pretty Cure series.

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode, and enjoyed Ai-chan the most. Thank goodness this baby is nothing alike to Porun and Chiffon. Ai, definitely, possess her own unique personality charm.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote