View Single Post
Old 2009-09-05, 11:43   Link #45
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropic Melon View Post
Is it difficult to imagine yourself being an anime fan thirty years from now? Assuming that anime and manga will, in some form, still exist and that both haven't quite taken over the world yet (though they might have risen quite a bit in popularity in the future, lol), is it possible for any of you to remain attached to the fandom at such an age?

It's hard to really see myself still holding on to a few of my DVDs and manga past mid-life. I'm sure that I'll probably remain a fan for at least a decade or so, seeing as I still have ample room for the stuff in my life. But to see myself retire in forty more years and watch anime with the same zeal I have now is really tough to do.

For right now though, I'll just enjoy the ride and continue to enjoy anime and manga. It may be surprising to see how long I might last with the hobby!
Replace the word anime with television in your argument, then see how many people give up TV after 30 years. TV and anime are really no different, they're just mediums.