View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 08:31   Link #138
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke49 View Post
Woah, your taking this discussion to seriously xDD Relax for a moment!

Now I will make yett another atemt to switch subject!
Well when I said that valkyria was a realistic anime, I must correct my self. I got a bit impulsive. When I said realistic, what I really ment was that, every charecter didn't go around and use their "mind" to change directions of the bullets. They haven't got laser beams (except the valkyr, I know, but wouldn't it be a bit boring if there were no valkyr's?) They don't have mecha wierd stuff ( *COUGH* FULL METAL PANIC)

Every time they have a mission, they complete it withing reasonable measures. When they had to destroy the train/fortress, it wasn't with an Uber beam from a valkyr, it was from bombs planted beneth the train.

Yes I understand that in rather many occasions they overexaggurated. Like in the begginging, 20 town watch soldiers (90%consisting of women and children) held against an army for a veeeeery long time. And when they shoot a shell on the edelwiess and it just bounced of, but that's not completly impossible either! many tanks now days are built to do JUST THAT.

But I have to agree with the storyline.. It was REALLY good the first few episodes (despite the overpowerness the 20 "soldiers" had) but then they started to mess everything up ^^. But you know, I don't really care.. I just sit and enjoy the ride =)!

P.S full metal panic is a very good anime/manga, but it has stopped airing if I'm not wrong..
There's 3 seasons of FMP, and a LOT more novel material that hopefully someday will be animated.

If you're claiming this anime is realistic in anyway, and is really all that great... You still have much to experience in the world of anime. I've been watching anime for around 24ish years and this is going down as one of the worst I've subjected myself to.

Fabio lost his mind, and shot a fellow soldier in the back. THEN, he kidnapped the queen. Real life would not be so kind to him, regardless of what the side-effects were. He would be begging for a dishonorable discharge if he did that in the U.S. Military...