View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 20:11   Link #892
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Based on the subtle references throughout 25, Sheryl won.

Ranka was the one who looked at Sheryl with questionable confidence going "I will not lose to you! >3<"

- Tak
you know, when it comes to who won or lost, you don't have much credibility because you have Sheryl's shipper goggles on. It is like the Ranka shippers using Alto right hand to reach for the girls, and because Ranka is on the right side , that he chose her. Now you use the subtle things that are mostly homage to the previous macross series to give sheryl a victory in case the movie is just a retelling and this never get solved.

Why can't it be accepted that the director let the LT unresolved even though Sheryl should have won. I know it was crappy to reset everything, heck i wish Alto had actually kissed sheryl( it is still not 100% sure that he kissed her that time off camara). There must be a reason that sheryl thought that Alto was just pretending to be lovers with her. She knew that if they were really lovers he would have kissed her that night after dinner.

If kawamori want to resolve the LT in the movie it has to be a Sheryl win, or he has to come with a very good reason for an Alto x Ranka ending. Only way i see it happening is the sheryl keeps singing and starts going back on tours and Alto doesn't want to leave his "sky".