Thread: ai sp@ce
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-30, 18:53   Link #24
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Nico, or rather, dwango, will only accept credit cards issued within Japan. Trust me, a lot of us Nico-addicted tried to get a premium account with our credit card and failed.
I couldn't leave the situation like that so I made an extensive research into the matter. I guess I found a workaround for it.

Nico nico actually accepts webmoney for payment.
I actually think that it's rather strange to ignore credit cards but perhaps Japanese guys are still fans of their sakoku - 鎖国.

So, webmoney is very easy to use, as it turns out.

I immidiately got an account. No personal information is asked except for your email address, and then you're free to use it at your convenience.

http://www.webmoney.jp/

Normally, the funds could be added to the account with your credit card. But then again, it's the same as nico-nico. No foreigners are allowed.
But there are prepaid cards just for that. Again, normally one could buy them perhaps at family mart but Japan is rather far from my place (6 hour difference) so it's better to get the card online. They are actually sold at various places with a slight overcharge to the face value.

As for ai sp@ce, I have alrealy logged in. It works great. But you need a fast pc for it. My new super modern Sony Vaio handles it rather slowly.
I also tried the halloween gachapon. Each try costs 300 real yen so this sort of gamble is quite expensive.
Other than that, the number of people online is close to zero at this time of the day.
But anyways, I suggest we meet online. Anyone interested?

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote