View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 19:34   Link #22605
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
I have a theory (not long, complex one, but something nice and short) and this is the only way Ep 7 can make sense in my head. I think Shannon is her own person, but she goes around the island pretending to be a witch. Then, we she left, that's when Yasu changed her servant name and became the new Shannon. Evidence: The maids referring to Shannon as a seperate person and Yasu's interactions with Gaap (where it just so happens that Shannon was also there).
Uh... How does Yasu changing her servant name make sense? It simply doesn't. And Shannon isn't referred to as a sepparate person by the maids. (At one scene, where Yasu "and Shannon" are in a room while talking to... Berune and Asune, I think, they address Yasu, then address her as Shannon. Going by the "Yasu's name = Shannon" Theory, then it's just a matter of them randomly choosing to call her differently.)

And Yasu's interactions with Gaap while Shannon's also present... Matters how? On Yasu's little tale/storytelling, Shannon is (for the sake of argument) a different person. She's trying to tell her story without giving away everything. Shannon openly participating in the Yasu/Gaap talk'd be a dead giveaway. Far more than it already is without her doing so.

That, and what'd be the point of there being a Shannon who existed, left, then was ripped off and turned into one of Yasu's characters/personas?
Player is offline   Reply With Quote