View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 22:30   Link #22606
cronnoponno

I'm not sure I'm buying that Yasu had her mental-state completely under control and was just really, really good at acting. She said that she didn't want to look into mirrors because that would remind her of her ''disgusting form'' and remind her that she's not really a witch(not quoted word for word, but that's basically what she said when she was making up her Ghost-Beatrice personality).

Why is Gohda's viewpoint not reliable? He clearly hated the fact that the place he was hired into fed him ghost stories. He only kept up the image of them because he didn't want to get on bad terms with his co-workers, but I'm sure, as many normal humans would, he wouldn't keep up the sharade, when he witnessed Nanjo being killed. Unless you are saying that Yasu disguised herself as Kanon, killed Nanjo, threatened to kill Gohda(Genji saw Yasu as the real master so she didn't have to threaten him), dressed up as Shannon, and then continued the story. That still wouldn't contradict what I said, I must not be reading your post clear enough...

When I think about it, Kinzo is indeed delusional, and I'm sure he is just crazy enough to rape a male-beatrice.

I am not referring to Kanon and Shanon as ''personalities''. Think of what Maria did with Sakutaru, Sakutaru wasn't a personality to Maria, he was a being that could talk and think for himself(even though Maria did the acting for him on a human perspective). When the relatives solved the riddle of the gold in Episode 7, Yasu said ''I killed the witch Beatrice, this goes into accordance with the rules I set, as long as the many other selves in me understand, that is enough''. She couldn't just remove the mindset of Beatrice she made, she had to kill it based on a set of rules, or actually simulate herself fighting with them mentally. You are also forgetting, that Shannon does forget things quite often.

Shannon, when Yasu first talked with her, was the top-of-the-line servant. When she was around in Rokkenjima, it was constantly hinted that she was reduced to making various notes to help her keep track of everything that is going on.

This can explain why Yasu would love 3 different people, and why she could honestly go off saying that Shannon can ''transfer her love'' to her. It would take some serious acting to kill an entire family based on Battler's return if she never had any feelings for him.

Shannon could easily explain the removal of either Kanon or Shannon, it has been hinted that Shannon was saving up her money, and that she had the funds to leave years ago(right? I may be wrong here). Nothing was stopping Shannon from simply saying ''screw it'' and leaving. In fact, she could have planned an excuse to run away with Battler long ago, and simply re-arranged it for Kanon.

Eva is different, Eva has the crest on her arm. Although I can't deny that that puts a serious hole in my previous theory. My theory was that furniture had to have the crest imprinted on their legs because they had no right to wear clothes(what Beatrice told Battler) and that it was a privilege.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote