View Single Post
Old 2012-03-06, 13:22   Link #124
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
well the truth is, i didn't exactly think that there were only two people involved. i didn't even think itachi did it. i suspected that he just took on all the blame for some reason. i mean, we weren't really shown that it was itachi who killed everyone. we saw the massacre from how sasuke remembered it. so who's to say that itachi really did all those things? when it was revealed that itachi really did do it with the help of madara, who is supposed to be the most powerful uchiha in existence, yeah i believed it was possible. a man who supposedly died years ago, who fought on par with the shodai hokage, you tend to believe that it is possible for him and itachi (who happened to be the most promising ninja to have come out of the uchiha in decades) to wipe out the uchiha clan by themselves.
I totally agree with you. The only thing I would add is that after itachi showed tsukiomi against kakashi, it became pretty believable that he could wipe out his own clan himself (at least to me). itachi was the only ninja known at the time to have MS and thus be capable of using such a powerful genjutsu, so the rest of the uchiha weren't on that level. at that time in the story, it could be argued that itachi couldn't sustain the technique long enough to wipe out the whole clan, since doing it on kakashi took so much out of him, but that could be countered by saying his ocular power degraded over time and use. plus kishi tends to give characters enough chakra to do whatever he needs them to do regardless of how much chakra they have in other situations. but yea, I totally agree that since we didn't see itachi actually do it, then there were many possibilities. I would maintain that the most prominent feeling we got from itachi during part 1 was evilness though. and then in part 2 he was smiling at naruto, talking to naruto without fighting, etc... very different from his encounters with heroes in part 1 where he tortured people. just my opinion

Quote:
if kishi left these so-called situations open to have several possible futures as you say, then it's like saying that none of these things were definite, including your claim that itachi was evil in the beginning until kishi decided to change it.
sure. you are right. I just meant that it's my belief that kishi intended itachi to be evil in part 1, leaving him open to character development down the line as if he wasn't sure which way to go yet. nothing in part 1 suggests that itachi was good, just more mysterious and deep than a ruthless killer like kisame. i do claim it was a retcon (which isn't a bad thing imo), and like I quoted only means that the previous interpretation of facts (itachi being evil and mysterious) was expounded with more facts added later to show that he actually had selfless and arguably 'good' intentions which were not even close to being revealed in part 1.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote