Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 19:10   Link #1090
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Wakana wanted Sawa to understand something very important: sometimes there are things that you can't change no matter what you do, and you have to accept this and move on. For Wakana, it's the fact that her mother is dead and she will never be able to sing together with her. For Sawa is the fact that her body is just not suited for being a jockey, and no matter how much she struggles this won't change.

Wakana's lesson is of acceptance. And the gentle way she delivers this simple truth to Sawa was by no means unfair IMO.
Well, the way she put the whole thing didn't sound like that to me. She said that if she had the chance to see her mother one more time she would give up music in a heartbeat. She was saying that she would have swap music for her mother. The analogy was between the jockey thing and music, not her mother. For that reason I said that it was out of line and unfair. Wakana was trying to explain how to put things in a wider perspective, for that reason she said to step back. But obviously even Sawa would have give up being a jockey for a parent/relative. Anyone would. And she put Sawa in a position to say nothing back.
At least that what I got.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote