Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-21, 04:08   Link #1097
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Personally, I felt that was much of the point of what Wakana said to Sawa, if not the whole point. Wakana was really just saying what loads of people on this thread were saying/strongly implying after Episode 7: "There's worst things in life than losing out on a youthful dream. It pales in comparison to losing a parent at a young age. So if I can get over my parental loss, Sawa, then you can certainly move on from your own loss here."

Wakana's way of putting it was much more diplomatic and subtle, of course, but this is the gist of it I think. And it's not unfair, really - It's just life. Sawa's loss is big to her, and for understandable reasons, but people deal with bigger losses than this everyday, so having a little bit of wider perspective here can't hurt.

The fact is that Sawa shouldn't let this keep her down forever. The loss is sad, but it's just not worth that sort of constant moping over it. The sooner Sawa accepts the situation the better it'll be for both her and her friends.

Granted, there's perhaps a bit more that Sawa needs to work out with this. But I think she's over the hardest part now - The emotional acceptance part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But isn't that the point?

Sawa was telling her "well you have it good,you still have music" and Wakana reminded her that she had lost something even more important,so no,it wasn't all good for her.

It's not like she was looking for pity or something.She was politely telling Sawa "Shit happens.Deal with it".
Sorry, probably I'm not getting it, but in general
Spoiler for not focused on the show:

But probably it depends on how these matters are handled in each country, in my country usually this kind of matters are not something kids/teenagers would speak of so when it happens it can easily eclipses every other thing.

Put in context, Sawa was depressed and her friends seemed to not care enough. They were focused on the audiction. Konatsu's gag was fine as lighthearted moment, but I guess it was not from Sawa's perspective, nor Wakana's thumbs-up in a way.
Then they dragged her at Wein house, where thanks to another not very tactful (but unwilling) move of Konatsu, Sawa was half forced to spill the beans in front of everyone. Not the best way to handle it. Wakana addressed (or not?) that it would be we awkward.
Then after some due but superfluous "forced" (<- don't know if it is the right word) phrases Wakana tried to say something right, "try to step back to see things in a different perspective". But Sawa at that point reacted in a very harsh way, wrongly, and even without thinking to Wakana's mother. She was thinking only on how different music and "being a jockey" are. Music needs only talent and application. Instead "being a Jockey" or some other sport/careers need high requirements. At that point things transcended. Wakana, as I already said, had all the right to say what she said about her connections with her late mother, so I'm not saying that was her fault at all, but that wasn't the point Sawa was trying to say. So the "late mother" card unwillingly played to close the conversation for the reasons I explained above.
In fact, iirc Sawa didn't feel any better after that confrontation. She wasn't enlightened.

Oh, and it was just happened, didn't it? Sawa wasn't dragging her issue for a long time to have to already being worried she wouldn't have overcome that.

tl:dr, ok let say that I don't see that as something Wakana meant to say with that propose, but that was forced out by Sawa's harshness. And saying that she eclipsed Sawa situation toward hers more than everything else. That fits with the overall way they handled Sawa's issue.

@Sphire: that are very good points about how different the matters are, Sawa's and Wakana's, in every aspect, from the matter itself to the context they were in, the time they had, to the way they has been handled.
And I agree Sawa was strong stepping back, looking even how a bit shallowly her issue was handled. In fact her father was enlightening for her to understand her firends. She at that moment (hearing his father at the phone) understood that even if the ways were wrong (in her perspective) his father, and her friends, really cared for her, even if it didn't seem the case, only they didn't know how to convey that properly.

Anyways, I've written too much, but I want to remark that I'm not saying anything mean of Wakana It's only a matter of perspective.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote