View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 09:08   Link #10906
Raiza Sunozaki

Che... I always miss out on the fun debates when I'm off doing stupid things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And Higurashi is, within both our world, Umineko's world, and even Higurashi's world, a work of fiction.

That. That makes perfect sense.
So, it's like Higurashi and Umineko are a metaphor for how a world might be fiction within fiction within our "real" world? Is a fiction within a fiction really a fiction? Or is it as real as our world, which would be like fiction within that fictional world.
Sounds like the kind of cheesy metaphor Ryuukishi would like.

Anyway, I find Oliver has a good point; Maria is definitely a lot more intelligent than her apparent "Uuu uuu" self, and a lot more intelligent than Rosa gives her credit for, if Maria's diary's narration is to be believed. But I doubt Maria would have the creative ability, let alone the gut ability, to think out the gruesome deaths of her own family and friends. Rosa, maybe, but not people like Jessica and George, who always treat her with kindness. And definitely not her friend in witch training, Shannon.
However, the possiblity that she's a scribe, I can accept. I just find it a little more pointless. If they needed to write something so badly, why bother getting a nine-year-old to do it?
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote