View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 07:58   Link #1037
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I can't speak for every mecha in existence but all the anime I saw that had people dying all through them were all SEINEN

The plot is too heavy for young children. It's a SEINEN...

btw, in the 80's Gunda's target audience were ADULT MALES...they target younger ones now....
The original gundam was a childrens show, it's simply those children grew up and were still interested in it. And numerous gundam shows, and super robot shows which this show is were aimed at children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm pretty sure the show's contents were screaming 'Otaku Material' from the get go
While they're were some Otaku elements heck you can find those with most main stream shounens , the majority of the show could be easily aimed at Children. I mean the most popular shounen in Japan was about a 17 (now 19) year dudes pirate adventure with his crew composing of people in their 19 and 20's. This show really isn't more mature than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Did you watch the OS? You couldn't have

I can't speak for every mecha in existence but all the anime I saw that had people dying all through them were all SEINEN

The plot is too heavy for young children. It's a SEINEN...

btw, in the 80's Gunda's target audience were ADULT MALES...they target younger ones now....
What do you think children are morons, most shounens have plenty of death, freaking Death Note is shounen. Most shounen animes also have a lot of death. If you think simply having death makes something seinen you haven't read much seinen. In fact most seinen animes came from shounen manga's. While writing quality plays a distinct part there's generally a very different way in which seinens are handled in comparison to shounens, there's a lot more assumed knowledge with seinen.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-02-07 at 08:10.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote