View Single Post
Old 2008-12-30, 16:01   Link #345
KanaKaishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
I actually feel like characters like the flamboyant afro-dude were more or less "running gags" than actual characters. Mine was a good "normal joe" guy to balanace all the quirkiness of Nodame and extremeness of the others but not exceptionally interesting or unique because of it.

I have a feeling the characters in Pari-Hen were much more developed in the manga. Obviously a lot was cut to meet time constraints.
I think that you're by and large right. Mine was developed, but everyone else was just sort of...there, and very often funny.

Now, that doesn't excuse the character development in this series, but I found the "gang" this time to be more interesting--only Frank is a "running gag," and Yunlong doesn't even show up. Tanya, Kuroki, and Rui are interesting characters (who I wish they'd done more with. Rui's "I'm pissed and angry and don't like Chiaki and Co. anymore" act was never properly explained, and though I can infer her thought process, I had to think to much. My sister, who I watch this with, had several "huh?" moments, which I had to reason out what happened).
KanaKaishou is offline   Reply With Quote