View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 23:58   Link #167
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka
As for political aspects, the extremists needed to deal with two kinds of people in order to reach their power: people of the same Blue Cosmos beliefs or ignorant/weak fools (the latter group was, unfortunately, joined by Cagalli thanks to Destiny).
While the rise of the Atlantic Federation extremist was never portrayed, it's sort of obvious how it came to pass. They probably painted PLANT as the boogeyman responsible for all their ills (which isn't that far from the truth), and themselves as the only solution.

On the other note, I think that Cagalli turned out quite well by the end of Destiny. She certainly showed the potential to be a very good leader (and probably much better than Uzumi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka
And about Stargazer... well... you like Destiny more than Code Geass, so I can see that we totally differ in our tastes. Unless you consider SEED (not Destiny) to be the best Gundam series so far (I'm not counting 00 as it is still airing and did not even reach half the season
Nah. I've watched all of the Gundam TV shows, and the order of my favorites is:
1. Victory
2. Turn A
3. Seed
4. Seed Destiny

I don't like Gundam 00, so I've decided to refrain from commenting on it in the episode threads. Or at least I'll do so until either it improves significantly, or it does something to really tick me off.

I'm not really a Gundam fan, so it shouldn't be surprising that our tastes differ.