View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 14:46   Link #985
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
In the new chapter Tobi stopped Sasuke killing some Konoha ninja, I'm not sure if they were in a bar in Konoha or somewhere else but its ironic to see Tobi stopping Sasuke from killing ninja when he's the bad guy.

If they were in a bar out of Konoha then they could have easily killed the Konoha ninja so Tobi can't be that evil if this is true.
that was a poorly written scene imo so i wouldnt look too far into it. just the fact that they were trying to be discreet out in the open wearing black cloaks at a bar is ludicrous. the point kishi was trying to convey was that sasuke cared more about avenging itachi's disgrace than whatever mission he and tobi were on, and tobi calmed him down and said the discretion of the mission took precedence. ..or maybe they were just relaxing having a drink and not wanting to be seen for some reason... either way it was pretty dumb. i wouldn't make any statements about tobi's motivation based on that scene. it is true though that we dont see tobi just mindlessly slaughtering people ever (like sasuke was doing to the samurai) so tobi is more of a 'kills only when necessary' bad guy devoted to a goal as opposed to a maniac or something.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote