View Single Post
Old 2004-07-10, 02:05   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Rather than putting such a great topic to a dead end as it seems to be going, I'll start off something that may open the subject to debate.

First of all, love has been with us ever since humankind has existed over thousands of years. Let it be through any religious analects or on the course of human history (which ever - you decide), love is a human intuition based on emotions - for better or for worse - to attain a certain goal, or be it a passing in the age process.

Sociologically, women are more attracted to men who are able to offer them security. While this may come to surprise of many males - sociological studies show that women are more profound in higher amounts of jealousy attaining from men giving other women goods than their man having sexual intercourse with another woman. Of course, this study is still open to dispute as I cannot provide subtle information none other than a Sociology course work that I had taken back when I was a university student (which I hated but need for my general requirements).

But let's say that this textbook which I awfully hated is based on credible research from a standard generalized pool that falls within the bounds of a factual table. Then, the points that several members of the female sex has made on this board is somewhat credible - women look for a person that can provide the greatest security in the opposite sex. What is security in the modern capitalist world? Those who have, or have the highest possibility of acquiring, wealth.

In Japan too, the aspects that most women look for men are the "three highs:"

A. 高給 (kou-kyuu) - high wealth/salary
B. 高学歴 (kou-gakureki) - high education
C. 高身 (kou-shin) - high height

Now let's analyze this a little bit saying that the above mentioned research of women looking for security is true.

A. High wealth/salary
The more money you have, chances are that you are able to provide a stable and secure job to provide for the woman and [perhaps] a family.

B. High education
The higher the education one has, the higher chances that you will be able to attain that higher income which leads to security.

C. High height
Perhaps this maybe an innate attraction that humans have that the higher you are, the more stronger you look to fend off enemies. Perhaps this is something that has been passed on throughout the course of human society due course of religious history and/or evolution (once again, you decide). But then again, I am not a biologist.

So let's put off the above rationalizations aside for a moment.

One aspect of human nature is survival. Not that I am a Social Darwinian, but it is true that several aspects of our human world is about surviving through life. And of course, the ones that are most capable of surviving in a capitalistic world is those who has the money - which do provide an immense amount of security.

But what if this was not a capitalist world but rather a chaos ridden third-world country. What kind of man would a woman want to be with? How about in a country where the notion of capitalism doesn't even exist - an ardent Communist society such as North Korea? What kind of man would a woman want to be with? Money? No.

If you think about it, money is only a tool that provides security.

Reading back throughout my post, I realize that that is the term that I have used several times repeatedly (and shamefully, redundantly).

So, according to my rationality, it is not really the money, the education, the looks, the height the women are looking for a man - it is something that those aspects can offer for the women - security.

Now I open this thread to further discussion.