View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 21:39   Link #87
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
And I'm going to reiterate my point on her recent works as well. Look at the show concepts. How many of them were you honestly expecting to be legit good rather than "lulz"? The problem here is at the concept level, not the script level.
Regardless of whether the premise was intended to be "lulz" or not, Okada still took on the project and it doesn't divert that the fact that "lulz" series is the norm for her these days. Now, that's not necessarily bad, but if she continues to do "lulz" series without doing something "legit good" soon, then she (if not already) is going to be relegated as a writer that should not be taken seriously. She's going to end up as the writer version of Seiji Kishi. She's gonna get ignored from the fact she did "great dramas" in the past like Seiji Kishi directed Kamisama Dolls because the rest of his series were largely comedies or had a lot of silly comedy in them.

Quote:
I'm not surprised True Tears isn't well known (though there was a lot of back and forth trolling between Hiromi fans and Noe fans at my anime club during the show's run), but I'd expect far more people to know Toradora, especially online.
I was more referring to the fact, that even if series is well-known, the majority of people are going to look at what production studio produced it, maybe who the director is and for a lot of Japanese fans (at least imo) what VAs were used in the cast. I don't think writers, character designers or music composers get much recognition (if any) at a fan level (at an industry level, that's a different thing altogether) unless if you're already super famous like NisioIsin, Kajiara or dat "K-on artist" to name a few.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote