View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 10:50   Link #213
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I don't think SSY would be SSY if it wasn't a mix of o-god human drama and THE QUEERRAT WARs. It just wouldn't be the same story, preference is a moot point.
The rat plotline is simply more interesting to me, and apparently some others as well. So, moot point or not, that's how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Moreover, the war wouldn't have happened in the first place if Yakomaru hadn't had the child.
He would have had a hard time convincing all other queerats to sacrifice for his cause.
Therein lies my complaint. I don't like this implication. I'd rather they have the confidence to fight back for the justifiable reasons the captive rat gave, without any messiah at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I can think of major issues with all your solutions, on many of them the death feedback would STILL be in effect. Not to mention if you have to set these things up in case an Akki just happens to appear they would have to be set up at all times and they could potentially harm your citizens.
Like Solace pointed out, the death feedback itself is a pretty convenient, malleable plot element that doesn't make much sense. So if that's what it all boils down to, you should see why people find it a little silly, even if you don't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I think that you are addressing your expectations to the wrong side here. I can't be sure about that, but in this story we humans are the rats and not the PKers. If you let aside the resemblance for a moment and just look at both races' evolution, but more precisely to the rat evolution presented at the current time of the story, they are fast forwarding our history and our behaviors. They fight each other, they introduced democracy, they are rebelling.
Instead, why should the Pkers still follow what you call human nature? They lost their humanity the moment they became gods. It's a catchphrase, but synthesizes their evolution and what they are now.
They kill their own children (sort of selective breeding), they kill other sentient and talking beings like they were insects. Where is their humanity? They have powers that "can split the Earth in half", is that still human? Why should I think like a human with all that power? How could I?
My point is that the Pkers don't need to follow or apply what we think they should, til a certain degree.

Looking at it taking into account kuromitsu connecting our dear Maria to the Virgin Mary and Mamoru to Joseph (the guardian of Jesus) it like the rats are fighting the pagan deities to institute their own god, Yakomaru obviously! (j/k)
I agree that the rats are more human than the humans in this world. Nonetheless, I have trouble seeing how any intelligent, human-like species would lack some elements of 'human nature,' or at least in regards to being able to foresee conflict. But, whatever, I have moved on and accepted it at this point.