View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 18:32   Link #927
Undertaker

It's really nothing, it just happen that I'm also into history especially in Chinese Three Kingdoms and Japanese Sengoku and being Chinese I was able to read some of more detail books on those period and even the actual historical text themselves. It's also interesting to read some book by western historian because sometimes they have different take on things compare to Eastern historians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
oh wow can someone tell me whose correct?

The novel spoilers state:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Spoiler:

Mechatrill was correct that in LV, they gave up the castle to save Hanbei's uncle, Andou Morinari.

In history, Andou was an important Satou retainer, he along with Ujiie Naotomo and Inaba Yoshimichi(Ittetsu) were collectively referred as Nishi Mino Sanninshū (Western Mino Triumvirate) and was entrust with the western half of Mino. He is also Hanbei's father-in-law. (hence the 'uncle' relation in LV)

That being said, he was probably the least accomplished of the three, he was among the slew of exiles by Nobunaga of his old retainers a few years before his death. Those exiles were baffling in history due to the fact that the reasons for their exiles were peculiar and ambiguous at best. The only similarities were they all had high social standing within Oda clan and hasn't had any notable accomplishment or had character flaws. Popular theory is that it was part of Nobunaga's restructuring of Oda clan as well as setting future succession by getting rid of retainers who he see as talent-less yet influential and might stir up trouble.

After Nobunaga's death, Andou gathers up a force and tried to regain power and his social standing. The target he picked was his old friend Inaba Yoshimichi, he and his son were put down fairly quickly by Inaba and his clan was executed follow the loss with exception of his nephew to carry on the bloodline. Inaba went on to serve under Hideyoshi prior to Battle of Shizugatake and continues his successful military career.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-08-05 at 20:36. Reason: missing words
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote