View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 03:41   Link #32
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
I thought Verita was pretty good too. Well honestly, I get what you mean. I've played 8/10 bit games and doujin games that have better stories than today's VNs. Ongoing trend is fancy cg, a game system if applicable and a okish story. If the game has routes for different girls... than wishing for a good story is hard to come by. If you want a good story you should check out Monster Girl Quest. It has a pretty story. Most companies will try to cash in on the latest trends. Like how half the god damn anime season is nothing, but moe. In the 1990s it was story.... now, god knows what.
VERITA was good; Genrin 2 and Ikusa Megami 0 were even better.

This is probably painting the industry with a general brush, and it's not something I'll admit is applicable to all companies, but most of them are now merchandise-driven over content-driven. Merchandise is what fuels their gears now, and while I can understand the need to adapt with the market, some companies have put so much importance in merchandise that the final product just ends up as a shallow, forgettable advertisement for all the cash-in products they release.