View Single Post
Old 2010-12-26, 11:31   Link #3066
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post

Calling it now, its going to happen. Thats what main characters in shounen do and thats Medaka's goal. They all acknowledge that she does the impossible. She needs to surpass her limits and actually learn how to control her abnormality like anyone else should. She finally learned the true nature of it, now she needs to master her own power and not just master everyone else's. Much like she did Perses mode which turned into Mars mode after she got a handle on it.
Personally, I hope it doesn't happen. Aside from seeing the new characters and new powers, the main reason that I haven't already dropped Medaka Box is because we heard about Kumagawa. When it was said that there was a person that the "God-Like Beast Kurokami" couldn't help, it showed a new side to her. The side of her that resents Misogi for being so far out of her reach to help.

The foil between Medaka and Misogi shows, despite her incredible prowess and literally being better than everyone at everything, that in her case sometimes being the better person isn't always the best thing. It's because she's the better person that she's unable to help him or the other Minuses.

If anything else, this sort of puts Zenkichi on the chopping block. After what happened with Kumagawa in middle school, he's made it his mission to protect Medaka from emotional pain. If she manages to defeat Kumagawa on her own then she'll have taken Zenkichi's purpose from him. Love or not, he'll have no real reason to stay by her side. I doubt she'll have considered this, and even if she did it wouldn't matter. Because she's not the type to play herself off as weak just so others can feel strong. (Not that she could do that if she tried)

We know Misogi killed Ajimu, which led Medaka to attack him and realize she can't help everyone. I just think it's the connection between Zenkichi, Ajimu, and Misogi that's the key to bringing him down for good. If it wasn't relevant it wouldn't have happened. And if was Medaka that was supposed to beat him, it would've been her in that classroom with Ajimu. I think Zenkichi has the biggest part of this, I just don't have enough info to fully see how.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote