View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 19:08   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I like the ep by ep analysis people are doing to arrive at their decisions .... I'm at work so all I can add is I'm somewhere tween Pell and npal --- enjoyed the first half as "light comedy romance", really enjoyed the "save Primula" arc (.. disappointed that Nerine got shut off so easily), *really* enjoyed the "descent of Kaede" . ... then was psyched up for a end to the Kaede arc and a really kickass Asa arc and conclusion and then ... .wtf??????
Kaede just whimpered away? Asa's brain gets replaced by a sponge? Rin's personality is replaced by a bunch of post-it notes? We switch to Clutch Cargo animation team at the end? (yes, the little chibi-ish bits were cute tho)
I will state this was not a Negima or Ichigo trainwreck... but it was a bit of a fender bender ... Lost opportunities for unforgettable ....

Watching the earlier episodes reminds me of just how much of this series I do like ... going to show the series this weekend to some friends without saying anything and see how they review it...