Thread: Licensed Shangri-La
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-11, 16:04   Link #85
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Some screenshots are available on the blog. It looks great (thanks to manuloz for the link).
Oh freaking yes!!

That image makes the animation adaptation of her character design look SO much better than the first and only previous image we got of the colored design a while ago from Newtype, she looks totally kick ass in finalized animation form, I've got a new potential favorite action heroine if she turns out to be a good character and they're animating her action scenes with dynamic moves like that (I look forwards to seeing the full scene).

I can't wait to see how they do her action scenes since I think it's been quite a while since I've seen a boomerang-ish primary weapon.

They aren't really the same but since I was re-watching a few eps of it recently these acrobatic shots and her pink hair made me think of some of Anita's dynamic fights from Read or Die TV as she was usually the one doing the cool acrobatic moves in that shows fights.

The background art in that 4th image, like the detail of the wall behind her, is pretty awesome too, this actually looks like it might be getting the "showpiece" attention like Last Exile did if the animation is actually going to contain some of the background art we've seen so far on the blog.

Hopefully this is a good sign, it's looking better each time we see more info.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-03-11 at 17:40.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote