View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 20:11   Link #110
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The change means for whatever reason that Mayuri won't die at that specific time, but I doubt it means Mayuri will be completely safe for long. They haven't managed to completely change the timeline; as long as they're in the Alpha timeline, Mayuri will eventually die. With the change made of Suzuha going to 1975 earlier, the question now is when.
Let's keep in mind how difficult it must be to come up with the rules of time travel and fate when the typical person does not remember the timeline prior to whatever experimentation you did that might have changed your timeline. My head hurts even attempting to run the experiments one would do in order to find these rules if I wasn't Okabe.

Ergo, while this is probably not something we're supposed to overthink, it's possible Suzahu's knowledge of time travel is not absolute.

Though, we could also get philosophical and say the question of when is true for everyone on the planet in regards to death, and thus meaningless. Obviously Mayuri has to die at some point. We all do. All that's important is that she didn't die at that particular moment in time.