View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 13:31   Link #244
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
I still find it hard to believe that a 9yr old kid can have a such strong sense of justice and a harsh matured view of the world. Especially since it seems Eren was living a fairly normal life in a complete family (dad, mom).
He was living a normal life up until he saw the dead bodies which clearly had a huge effect on him. This is purely speculation now but I can easily imagine that Eren only ever applied his harsh view of the world against things like bullies and upon seeing the murder decided to take that perspective to it's logical extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is actually the first post that I've come to agree with completely in this thread. This episode was indeed about exploring Mikasa of her unrelenting devotion (??) toward Eren and how it came to be. This episode was not about Eren, but the kind of effect he had on Mikasa for her to be the way she is in the present. How Eren achieved it, or whether Eren's action stretched the imagination due to his age, or about his own psychological disposition were moot points. We are discussing about a world that has Giants in it after all. The general psyche of the population shouldn't be normal and it isn't. The episode wasn't about Eren at all, or about justifying him or the way he is (was?) in any way. The episode was all about Mikasa.
I wouldn't go as far as to say this episode wasn't about Eren at all. After all, this episode was about Eren's effect on Mikasa so it had to be about Eren to some extent. But I do think the episode was more about Mikasa than Eren.

It was also about Armin to an extent too. Poor Armin get's completely forgotten...

Last edited by Haak; 2013-05-14 at 17:20.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote