View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 11:40   Link #5275
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
To the person who wondered "Why Toby?" I gather it's mainly because he was already a named and created character. It's easier bringing someone back, then making up someone new (and he's already made a TON of new characters for this arc). Plus, you have to assume he's gotten a bit stronger, although he does still seem a bit dumb.

Not much to say about Chariot, although I'm still a bit miffed that apparently all DS"s have motion sickness. I'm wondering if Mashima is actually going to give a reason for this down the line, because I feel it loses it's charm as a quirk if so many people have it.

And next up is Elfman vs. Bacchus... which should be a good match, although, not quite as good as I would have liked....

And Charle (I'm still calling her that, dammit), you aren't going to believe your visions, eh? I suppose it's a bit natural considering what happened in Edolas, but you should give it some credence and let some others know, just in case. You do have some confirmed future-sight ability, after all.
Well yeah the common sense reasoning would be that it was easier to just bring back a character than make even more new ones. But I just think it makes it harder to take the claim that Lamia Scale is one of the top guilds if their A-Team has Toby in it. But certainly understandable. Made those guys for the Galuna Island Arc so might as well keep on using them.

The motion sickness thing is weird. I suppose they can make the excuse as to why we've never seen Wendy have issues as her casting Troia on herself offscreen? Would be nice if they actually came up with a reason for that. Some plot significance would be nice.

And yeah, wish Charle would have some more faith in herself. Just because it's not a future you want to see doesn't mean you should ignore it. Telling everyone gives them a chance to prepare for the worst or at least stay sharp. There's no way she wouldn't be believed if she spoke up.