View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 03:42   Link #215
CCLemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
But I bet Ulquiorra will say "Your spirit is your strongest weapon" and then Ichigo will say "no...it is my best friend" and he will come to terms with his hollow side and his mask will be half again, one side for each :P
Yep. Ichigo's probably going to have to go through some "peace talking" with his hollow
Spoiler for manga:

What bothers me is how Hichigo is portrayed differently from all other hollow personalities. The hollows we all see clearly identify themselves as the same person as before they were hollowfied, and assumedly still remember the atrocities they committed as hollows after they are purified. However, Hichigo is portrayed as identifying himself as a stronger, completely different person from Ichigo. Furthermore, Ichigo and Hichigo do not share thoughts and memories at all. Whereas Inoue's brother seemed to realize that it was him that was attacking his sister, Hichigo and Ichigo clearly view each other's actions through a third person perspective, not privy to the other's thoughts. Perhaps Kubo Tite is trying to hint that Hichigo is some kind of "special hollow persona"?

Last edited by Hellychan; 2009-03-21 at 11:04. Reason: added spoiler tag