View Single Post
Old 2012-02-13, 12:21   Link #25
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Plus frankly in America, if you manage to get work for a Western Studio, you won't be rich but you will DAMN SURE be making more money then you would if were in Japan.

I think it's great your passionate. You're gonna need it.

Frankly, I am not sure if it's worth it based on the terrible pay you would get in Japan. I mean based on their work schedules and pay, I'm not sure if you could afford to have a life outside of work.

You gotta do a A LOT of research and ask some tough realistic questions man, cause that is no cakewalk. You're gonna be a needle in a hay stack IF you get in there, it's so hard to get in to the Japanese racket cause there is a GLUT of Japanese trying to do the same thing.

Don't just look at the Japanese market, look at your own stateside market and the west too. On the one hand you probably won't be "animating" but odds are you'll be making much more money.
Quoted all of this for truth.

I don't know why some other posters are talking about becoming an animator (in Japan or anywhere else) sound like a cakewalk. With how little pay you get in the anime industry, the difficulty of breaking into the Japanese anime field as a non-Japanese person almost isn't worth the effort. They do NOT like non-Japanese people coming into their industry (at the top of their hatred list is Americans, so good thing you're from the Philippines). As I said earlier, it's nice to have passion for animating, and if you want to have it as a hobby then go ahead. But if you want a career in it... Unless you're fucking amazing, it's not worth it -- passion or no passion. And you probably have a ridiculously long away to go in order to even get NEAR that point.