View Single Post
Old 2008-06-11, 23:17   Link #51
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
I'd say the poor girl is both stressed and repressed for something like this to even show up. Look at it this way, Misa is both the XO of the ship and it's "Voice" because of her air control duties. That's a lot of responsibility coupled with some hardcore military family pride. Little wonder here that the one chance she had for emotional expression she decided to go full out.

Something you're forgetting here.

Spoiler:

Oddly enough, the Mars episode is one of my favourites because it allowed everyone to see a completely different side to one of the show's most driven and apparently stable characters. It's also the first time Hikaru had seen the one person he's had a difficult and antagonistic relationship with as a vulnerable human being. Before that Misa was all business, a machine tasked with ordering people to die.
You're forgetting they were still in radio contact with her. She found a moldy old desk and a few books, made herself comfortable, and ignored everything else around her. It's like she decided Fate had decreed she was going to die there and over her dead body was anything going to change that. All over what seems to have been a simple childhood crush.

Proud military heritage, a long career ahead of her, all too easily it seems she gave up on all of it for what is to me at least a most shallow reason.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote