View Single Post
Old 2011-10-21, 14:56   Link #982
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ you act like gai had a choice in regards to shu keeping his void power. Also gai put his plan into place when he knew thatguy was their, he even named his void power well before it was used. I'll say things have been planned for a while...

People are obviously doing it because supercell is being pushed more in the promotion than Sawano... Since the Egotist album will easily outsell the bhm collections... Also that example of music credits from ANN is a bit lolzy... If you pay attention to the page you'll notice that they list the staff in alphabetical order... H comes before R.... The exec producer ANN list last out if the 5 is listed second in the OP....

Ryo is mentioned before Sawano in the PVs as well as the OP credits... Of course he's listed as theme and inserts songs so people really shoudnt be mixing this up. So yeah I agree with you but don't use ANN again for something like this...

Anyway I think sawanos doing a good job but it's definitely not on par with the first two episodes of AnE and Unicorn 1... Even if I counted that brilliant piece from ryo that started episode 1 it would still fall short.
Tell you what if you don't use sales as an explanation for absolutely everything from here on out in the thread (barring of course issues where sales are relevant) I won't use ANN anymore to explain that there are two people working on the music from this project.

Not everybody cares as much about how something is going to sell and certainly not as some overriding factor for everything else (if you ask me that's a lot more lolzy than using music credits to point out that there's multiple composers and doesn't make for much of an excuse)....some people just would like to see the person who deserves the credit for particular music actually receive it so that sort of example is a bit wasted here.

I just look at it in simple terms. If people are referencing the theme music they'll want to credit Ryo, if they are referencing the BGM they'll want to credit Sawano. Simple as that and sales be damned. In any case yeah it's clearly demonstrated in the credits who does what (if in some of the hardest to read font I've seen in a while) as you point out so people just have to look there for all the details. It's a much more direct and explanatory example than the ANN one to be sure.

Also I think part of the problem with this shows music compared to Unicorn (haven't seen Exorcist) is that it's not the best fit for this type of show. The events of this show are pretty clown shoes whereas the events of Unicorn carry a lot of weight and history which Sawano's music serves to enhance. I'd have to hear both separately though to judge from a pure musical offering standpoint which I prefer. Anyway I think that puts an end to the topic for now.

edit: Oh right one last thing, isn't the band called Egoist, not Egotist?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-10-21 at 15:24.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote