View Single Post
Old 2009-08-04, 01:57   Link #1288
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Did you just excused yourself with this line? Why is it not serious? Yapping how great Lelouch was without excusing anything ain't better. Provide counter-opinions or don't vaguely bash the opinions stated.
I'm not providing any more counter opinions or coniderations to something done in long review format today. I already did that early on the Gundam 00 subforum (and believe me it took a long time) and you never bothered to respond so I figured you just didn't really care and thus simply said that the same things apply here (especially since large portions of that analysis and this one match up word for word). If you want to pick something specific out I'll be glad to talk about it, otherwise it's your review and I'm just going to describe how it comes across in that regard.

Why it's not hard to take serious though is pretty easy to answer. It's simply the language you use. It comes across more like a sarcastic and comedic review then a serious one. This is before you try to simplify and shoehorn everything into a specific category such as fanservice or "stupid/idiotic". If you're absolutely sure of what you wrote then you can start giving examples for whatever point you want to make and maybe then I'll see it in a different light. You posted the review so it's kind of up to you to support it, not for me to pick out random points to issue counter-opinions too and especially not when I can't even rationalize most of it with the show I watched yet. I'm not that interested in proving/disproving anything yet, but rather about trying to comprehend what it is you are trying to accomplish with this review. Is it to warn people from watching the show? Is it to criticize something you see as an overly popular show (right now this seems the most likely reason given your " It’s no.1 in anidb, so it is obviously omnipotent." comment)? Or is it simply just something you did to pass the time here?

Edit: Actually wait, here's the perfect thing to touch upon:

Quote:
The funny thing is, that the majority of the fans didn’t care about all that and just loved the whole insanity of the deal. The “whatever” pace of the story was dubbed “unpredictability” and went along with it. Because once again, the average otaku’s opinion states that the majority of people don’t watch a story so to be troubled with social-political issues or think deep and get philosophical. They watch a series so that they will be entertained. And the producers did exactly that. They focused on what would entertain their audience and not on remaining true to the initial premise of the story. So, the general story may be great but the presentation of it sucked big time. And since the fans didn’t care much, the producers kept doing the same.
1. What makes you think the majority of the fans watched the show this way? Rather what leads you to speak for everyone else in this regard?
2. What is the "whatever" pace of the story.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-08-04 at 02:19.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote