View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 13:43   Link #56
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I don't think that even "splitting" the series that you have mentioned would have had any effect. Because most of those series are even ongoing at this moment.
So even with a 3 month btreak , they will still get an anime original ending.

Also it's not very smart to "split" the popular shounen jump animes (that are on going for a longer time) because they still get fairly high viwers ratings. Even the reruns and the filler episodes of those series are doing quite well.

Also why do you think that splitting finished series is "pretty dumb"? Some people already commented that this was done out of production reasons, like maybe a shortage of staff or to use that beak as a means to maintain quality etc.
Well, it would be much better to take the Western approach in splitting the seasons then, not 3 months. As in show one season a year. If a show like A Game of Thrones went on only 3 month breaks....well you know the books fans would be upset if the TV writers started changing everything. They would also lose about half of their viewers.

I'm sure if they can sit through fillers & crap, I'm pretty damn sure they'd still watch it if it went Split-Cour. They'd gripe about it and not like it, but they would still watch it.

Of course the company wants to squeeze out money, so I don't blame them for running fillers & re-runs(If you're doing Split Cour, you should re-run your show before the Season Premiere anyway to snag more viewers).

Alright, Productions reasons & all that stuff. My fault entirely for forgetting that.

Last edited by The Butcher; 2012-06-20 at 18:09.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote