View Single Post
Old 2007-07-11, 20:30   Link #274
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Here we go again. Cash registers are ringing all over Akihabara as the Lucky Star Karaoke Box ED collection went on sale Tuesday and has debuted in the Oricon album charts at #4, second-highest of this week's new album releases, after Arashi's new CD. Will the madness never end?
In a word no, as long as Aya Hirano is involved, never. After Haruhi the doors are open for her and a wave of Otaku support will carry her to the top.

Aya Hirano is probably the number one commodity that everybody wants to get their hands on at this point. She will sell your stuff just by appearing on the same page of it in a magazine. What amazes me is that it took this long for the magazines to catch on.

They can probably lower their expenses by ditching the rest of the Lucky Star crew and featuring just her for their purposes, I'm reasonably sure that she (as the voice of Haruhi) is the draw.

As for that next single. Chart Topper. Why? Because it's Aya Hirano, the music is the secondary factor although she'd best stick to her strengths to avoid taking any risks with what the Otaku's desire of her. Of course it will sell well. What is she even worried about? She should just go for it, she has all the support anyone can dream of to start an idol-pop career. If she waits till the next big idol comes along it might be to late.

As for the CD, the only song I would really want to listen too on it would be Cha-La-Head-Cha-La, but certainly not Konata's version.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-11 at 20:50.