View Single Post
Old 2010-03-02, 10:59   Link #3031
Blayne Barudorii

Yes I meant 9th.

Well there's no real reason why there needs to be 2 sliders, as I see it based on Kyon-Beta's narration about how "shouldn't you have gotten more people before taking us on, give up" may be a telling hint, the SOS Brigade can win through this simply because they get a slider that makes them numerically suporior to the Anti SOS Brigade.

As for not having the Slider not appearing 'yet' is probably more of an chekhov's gunman and amusingly enough a circumstance that Kyon practically every novel mentions are least once and gave a very specific mention to early in the 9th novel. I would find it improbably that this much effort and lampshading would be done without the slider finally making an entrance eventually. The design here is probably for the slider to arrive in the nick of time to save the day and a subconcious rationalization on haruhi's part, "why have everyone appear right away? It would be totally cool and dramatic the slider just arrived in a cool pose to save the day!"

It could also be possible that the slider exists independently of Haruhi and thus can arrive on a time of her choosing, a wizard is never late!

My personal pet wish is that the slider is actually Kyonko, you know you wanna.
Blayne Barudorii is offline   Reply With Quote