View Single Post
Old 2010-12-26, 10:32   Link #3064
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

I love Kumagawa's jabs at WSJ and manga in general.

I'm glad her actual abnormality was confirmed. I don't think they actually outright stated it. But there were a number of gems during that battle they had. Naze being able to create a Minus means sooner or later she should be able to remove one similar to an abnormality. At least temporarily.

As for her "Ice-Fire" its nice to see the extent of what she could do on the spot. Her range wasn't bad and since she does it by manipulating her own body temperature she isn't limited to using it in certain places.

Now the part where Kumagawa was trying to break Medaka's will and ambition was really enjoyable. Koga of all people being the one to stop her was a bit surprising considering she wanted to rip her apart for what she said before Miyakonojou stole her abnormality.

Also I called how she was using her Minus to control the plants right! I'm on a roll here with these Minuses so far.

Hopefully Kumagawa gets the draw he wants. I want to see this meeting between these 3 and how Kumagawa reacts to Ajimu. Also I'm curious about what Hitomi will ask Kumagawa and why is she so calm throughout the majority of these battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post

I'll just express my curiosity about Naze. Ignoring her ability to create haxx powers seemingly at will, is she going to keep the ones she gave herself? It would be odd if she didn't, but it will be weird if she does.
I don't see why she wouldn't keep them. They are still facing Minus 13 and she hasn't remodeled her body in 6 years prior to this. She would have to revert herself back and since we don't know if she may have to deal with "Scar Dead" again later so it would be foolish not to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Since the start of the Minus 13 arc, Medaka's gone on and on about how she hates Misogi and he's beyond salvation and now she says

"I'll reform you and make you happy for sure"

Let's recap.....

Medaka's Abnormality "The End", let's her take on, improve on and master other powers simply by looking and experiencing. She tried and failed to help Misogi before. Before she knew the full extent of her Abnormailty, and before Misogi even had his Minus "All-Fiction.

Medaka knows that she can't stop herself from learning an ability when she sees it. And since a "Minus" is hazardous to the persons Physical and Mental health, "The End" would only make it worse for Medaka than the original owner had it. Misogi was already too twisted to be changed by Medaka's influence, and now he has a dangerous power that she won't be able to deal with. Misogi himself can barely handle "All-Fiction"

She couldn't help him before, and with these new circumstances it seems even less likely that she'll do it now. If Nishio comes from behind to make Medaka fight Misogi and win, then I'm dropping this manga altogether.

Calling it now, its going to happen. Thats what main characters in shounen do and thats Medaka's goal. They all acknowledge that she does the impossible. She needs to surpass her limits and actually learn how to control her abnormality like anyone else should. She finally learned the true nature of it, now she needs to master her own power and not just master everyone else's. Much like she did Perses mode which turned into Mars mode after she got a handle on it.