View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 14:43   Link #1004
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
But the FSN anime was mediocre, and watching it might make one think that Fate/Zero will be mediocre as well.

I say play the visual novel before watching F/Z, or just go straight to Fate/Zero. The first episode is supposed to be a one-hour special, so one can judge whether they would like this series or not by the long introduction material.
Yeah, this.

It's definitely worth playing the VN before watching Zero, if you intend to play the VN at some point (especially HF), but IMO it's not worth watching the anime first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I agree that it was bad, but not everyone can finish the entire visual novel in time for this series, so yeah.
I don't see the point in watching the anime for that purpose, though. Most of what Zero spoils is in UBW and HF anyway, and the FSN anime spoils those almost as effectively anyway. And, it's not like there won't be subtitles which are available without having to stream it through Nico Nico, so I don't see any rush to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
AFAIK it'll be only twelve (thirteen if you count the first one-hour special as separate. Maybe/hopefully so will the finale)
I believe it's supposed to be 25. They've stated that there is enough time to not only cover the original light novel in its entirety, but also to add extra material on top of that that isn't in the original novel.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote