View Single Post
Old 2012-02-21, 09:09   Link #425
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
.....Calm the hell down.

No, the word 'convoluted' isn't the first word that comes to mind at all when you don't like what you feel are 'asspulls'...I'd normally use that word when something feels very twisted or excessively complicated (an example is the enigma that is Priscilla's character as a whole)..... if anything, nothing is complicated at all these days, with Dr.D bluntly explaining what's going on in the plot, and leaving little for us to think about for ourselves.

You don't need to throw a fit just because I asked you to clarify yourself.
I dont know shiek, you can still find the logic of the author behind the straight forward plot convoluted. For example Clare developing a wedge/block not allowing her to awaken ever under almost no circumstances because Jean couldnt either when really Jean was just holding on to her mind and eventually she could awaken no matter what. I find that convoluted no matter how dr deneve explains it simply away. I felt that it was just a lame plot excuse so and onlt Clare could awaken limbs vs Priscilla, yagi could have just played on the half awakened gaining more control of there abilities instead or left it a mystery with several possibilties to be answered later. Better yet that could have been played in the Miria vs Hysteria fight as to how she was able to fight that close to her limit as long and as well as she did and had Rubel notice it and have him fearing the mib might notice and debating how he could cover it up if they did. That would have been far less convoluted based on previous cannon, yet in keeping with how the warriors didnt l know what theu whete back then made it feel ominious and a bit of more in form with the first half of the series where there power to cross over there limit was both there destiny and greatest weakness. Just my two cents on that matter any how...

I could list more examples but want to avoid flaming a war since tempers appear high atm. Forgive me if theyre not and Im just reading something that isnt there though

Sorry to hear about the neg reps, got one too this ch thread and a few last ch thread (though I may have deserved the one on this ch thread where I called for the Deneve hate club (in jest but worded poorly) ). Oh well, if you have an opinion eventually one day someone will hate it and many of here have lots of opinions

Sorry for the typos on a new cell and havnt quite mastered the touch screne on it yet